TAKE THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR TRAINING AND CAREER AT NASHVILLE BALLET’S SUMMER INTENSIVE.
Nashville Ballet’s Artistic Director & CEO Paul Vasterling leads an outstanding faculty whose expert knowledge gives you the tools to advance your technique and reach your goals.
Strengthen your technique and explore your full potential in a supportive environment and a fun, safe city.
Admission to School of Nashville Ballet Summer Intensive is by audition only. For audition dates and locations, please visit our audition tour page. Click the link below to join the Nashville Ballet Summer Intensive 2017 email list to receive additional information, including profiles of recent graduates, videos, updates and more!
2017 Summer Intensive Webinar
Nashville Ballet offered a live presentation and Q&A about Nashville Ballet's Summer Intensive program on Wednesday, February 15 at 4 p.m. CT. School of Nashville Ballet Director Nick Mullikin and current student Ashley Sewell presented information about Nashville Ballet's Summer Intensive 2017 session.
- Lodging, meals, chaperones and daily schedule
- Instructors and classes
- What graduates are doing after the program
- Opportunities at Nashville Ballet after Summer Intensive
- Frequently asked questions from students and parents
|Session||Availability||Length||Dates||Tuition||Room & Board||Room-Only*|
|Session A1 (June)Ages 11-14||Open||1 Week||June 12-16||$580||$600||N/A|
|Session A2 (June)Ages 11-14||Open||2 Weeks||June 12-23||$1,250||$1,200||N/A|
|Session B (July)Ages 11-14||Open||2 Weeks||July 10-21||$1,250||$1,200||N/A|
|Session C (June)Ages 13-18||Open||2 Weeks||June 19-30||$1,250||$1,200||N/A|
|Session DAges 13-18||Open||3 Weeks||July 3-21||$1,700||$1,750||N/A|
|Session EAges 13-18||Open||5 Weeks||June 19 – July 21||$2,500||$2,900||$1,325*|
|Pre-ProfessionalNB2 Candidates Only||Open||5 Weeks||June 19 - July 21||$2,500||$2,900||$1,325*|
*Room-only option available for Session E and Pre-Professional students ages 18+.
Questions? Contact the School of Nashville Ballet Summer Intensive at email@example.com or (615) 297-2966 x910.
2016 Participants In the News
- "Local Students Study with School of Nashville Ballet," Bowling Green Daily News (September 24, 2016)
- "Lawrenceville Locals Participated in Nashville Ballet Program" by Zach Miles, Gwinnett Daily Post (October 8, 2016)
- "Students from Brentwood and Nolensville accepted into School of Nashville Ballet Summer Intensive" by Samantha Hearn, Brentwood Home Page (October 8, 2016)
- "Students from Brentwood and Nolensville accepted into School of Nashville Ballet Summer Intensive" by Samantha Hearn, Franklin Home Page (October 8, 2016)
- "Students from Brentwood and Nolensville accepted into School of Nashville Ballet Summer Intensive" by Samantha Hearn, Nolensville Home Page (October 8, 2016)
- "Memorial Dancer Picked for Summer Program," Houston Chronicle (October 11, 2016)
- "Dance Students Train at School of Nashville Ballet," The Standard of Hendersonville (October 17, 2016)
- "Dancers Still Reaping Benefits from Summer Programs" by Stephanie Turner, Aiken Standard (October 20, 2016)
- "Lebanon Dance Student Spends Summer Break Training at School of Nashville Ballet," Lebanon Democrat (October 23, 2016)
- "Ketten Dances through Nashville," Suffolk News-Herald (October 24, 2016)
- "Spring Hill Students Accepted into School of Nashville Ballet Summer Program," Columbia Daily Herald (October 25, 2016)
- "Local Students Participate in Nashville Ballet Dance Program," The Gallatin News (October 27, 2016)
- "Springfield Dance Student Trains at School of Nashville Ballet’s Summer Program," Springfield Connection (October 28, 2016)
- "Education Shoutouts," Salisbury Post (November 3, 2016)
- "Lafayette Teen Shines at Ballet Institute" by Amanda McElfresh, The Advertiser Lafayette (November 14, 2016)
- "Tri-State Dancers Take Part in Summer Program in Nashville," The Herald-Dispatch Huntington, W.V. (November 22, 2016)
- "Belle Meade's Tiny Dancer" (PDF) by Michael Smith, Belle Meade Living (November 2016)
- "Community News for Tuesday, Dec. 6" by Brenda Lucas, The Herald-Dispatch Huntington, W.V. (December 6, 2016)
Nashville Ballet Facilities
This year’s Summer Intensive dancers will utilize our brand new facility, after just completing renovation and expansion. Our newly expanded building features three new studios for a total of seven new dance facilities and almost 50% more space. See our new facility here.
Room and Board - Dancers under 18
Boarding students under 18 will be housed at nearby Belmont University in suite-style apartments, with 4 or 5 private bedrooms per suite. Each suite is equipped with a full size kitchen (refrigerator, stove, microwave). Room and board fees for students under 18 include breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dancers may occasionally be responsible for their own meals or snacks during outings.
Room and Board Options - Dancers 18 and over
Dancers 18 and over may choose one of the following options for room and board: housing ONLY (no meals) at Belmont University, housing and meals at Belmont University or off campus housing of your choice. Belmont University housing is apartment style, with 4 or 5 private bedrooms in a suite. Each suite is equipped with a full size kitchen (refrigerator, stove, microwave). Contact School of Nashville Ballet Summer Intensive via email or by calling (615) 297-2966 x910 for more information on pricing options.
Transportation & Parking
Nashville Ballet provides all transportation for boarding students under 18. Boarding students 18 and over may purchase transportation on Nashville Ballet buses for a nominal fee. Contact School of Nashville Ballet Summer Intensive via email or by calling (615) 297-2966 x910 for more information. Students age 16 and older may bring a vehicle to Nashville and park it in designated lots. All student boarders that elect to bring a car will be responsible for their own transportation for the entirety of the intensive.
After attending Nashville Ballet's mandatory five week Pre Professional Session, candidates are chosen for NB2, our official second company. Candidates are selected based on their potential to attain a professional career. To learn more about NB2, click here.
UNIVERSITY PARTNERSHIP FOR NB2 & PTD
Nashville Ballet provides opportunities for NB2 dancers and Professional Training Division students to learn outside of the studio as well. A unique partnership with nearby Belmont University allows dancers to apply their dance experience toward earning a Bachelor’s degree. They can pursue a degree through part-time enrollment and flexible class schedules. For more information about the Belmont University/Nashville Ballet Learning Partnership, contact Belmont University’s Adult Degree Programs at (615) 460-5401 or click here.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING DIVISION SELECTION
The Professional Training Division provides dancers a comprehensive, full-day program to further develop technique, strength and artistry in a rigorous pre-professional environment. We recommend that students interested in the Professional Training Division attend Summer Intensive Session E (5 Weeks). Summer Intensive students selected for PTD Fall 2015 will be notified before leaving Summer Intensive. To learn more about the Professional Training Division, click here.
All classes meet Monday through Saturday (excluding Session A). A placement class will occur on the first day of the summer intensive session (not Arrival Day). Class times will vary depending on the level you are placed in; all are approximately from 9 am to 5 pm. Saturday classes will be held from approximately 10 am to 12 pm. Students are expected to attend all classes offered in their assigned level. Any exceptions must have prior permission from the School Dean. Class times are subject to change and will be posted on the Summer Intensive bulletin boards at the studio and residence halls.
• Pink convertible tights (recommended style: Body Wrappers A45)
• Black convertible tights (recommended style: Body Wrappers A45)
• Black socks (cotton/poly)
• Pink ballet shoes and pointe shoes (if applicable)
• Black jazz shoes and black jazz pants
• At least 1 white and 1 black simple camisole leotard (to be alternated by day)
• At least 1 white and 1 black chiffon wrap skirt (to be alternated by day)
Performance Attire Only:
• One white and one black simple camisole leotard (recommended style: Mirella M207LD)
• One white and one black chiffon wrap skirt (recommended style: Mirella MS12)
• Plain white crewneck t-shirt (no logos, please)
• White, simple style short-sleeve leotard
• Gray tights and black tights (we recommend footed and footless of each color)
• Black socks (cotton/poly) and white socks
• Black ballet shoes and white ballet shoes
• Black jazz shoes and black jazz pants
Lunch for Non-Boarders
Dancers paying tuition only may purchase catered lunch Monday through Saturday for $10 per day. Please refer to the order form in your registration packet.
Summer Intensive Showings
On the final Friday of Sessions B, D, E & Pre-Professional, students will present a showcase of their work. Family and friends are invited to attend free of charge. Seating can be limited and is on a first-come, first served basis. The School Associate will email an RSVP request to each student’s family one week before the performance date.
Sessions A1, A2 and C:
Parents can observe classes the last Friday of the session.
Session B Performance:
Sessions D & E Performance:
Registration & Payment
Upon acceptance into our Summer Intensive program, all NB2 candidates and students will receive an online link to a registration packet with detailed instructions, deadlines and requisite forms. A non-refundable registration fee of $125 must accompany all registrations. Registration forms without the registration fee and required deposit will not be accepted. All forms, registration fee and required deposit must be received by April 1, 2017. School of Nashville Ballet will not be responsible for postal or other delays. The $125 registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. Tuition must be paid in full by May 1, 2017.
A request for partial refund must be accompanied by a comprehensive doctor’s report in order to be considered. Refunds will only be considered for withdrawal due to injury or illness. Refund requests after May 1, 2017, and before the start date of your session will not be considered. Refunds will not be larger than 50% of the tuition paid on or before May 1, 2017. There are no refunds for registration fees, voluntary withdrawals and/or room and board. Contact School of Nashville Ballet Summer Intensive via email or call (615) 297-2966 x202.
Dancers ages 9-11 who do not yet qualify for our Summer Intensive are encouraged to read more about our Junior Intensive program by clicking here.