We often post openings via Facebook and Twitter, so consider following us to get the latest job openings, updates and news.
If you are a dancer interested in auditioning, please visit our auditions page.
Nashville Ballet currently has openings for these positions:
Philanthropy Manager (Major Donors)
Reports To: Director of External Affairs
Area of Responsibility: Development
Wage Classification: Salary, Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $32,000-$38,000, DOE
Submission Deadline: May 13, 2013
Position Summary: The Philanthropy Manager (Major Donors) works closely with the Director of External Affairs and the rest of the philanthropy team to develop and implement strategy for individual major donor relationship management (manage, nurture, upgrade) to meet short and long-term development goals of Nashville Ballet. The primary objective of a Philanthropy Manager is to develop long-term relationships with current and potential donors built on a firm understanding of donors’ interests, passions and values.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create, integrate and implement short, intermediate and long-term individual major gifts and private foundation major gift donor strategies with the Director of External Affairs.
- Act as primary relationship manager for individual and private foundation prospects of $1,000 or more per year to reach or exceed annual funding goals.
- Play lead role in soliciting and closing major gifts and manage relationship process for individual major gift donors including prospect solicitation and briefings with primary relationship managers.
- Cultivate and expand current giving by planned gift donors and integrate planned gift objectives into major individual donor requests.
- Design and implement effective tailored cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for donor prospects in assigned portfolio, utilizing a “moves management” approach.
- Plan and implement funding campaigns, events and activities (donor experiences, tours, receptions, etc.) for individual major gift donors using existing activities as appropriate in collaboration with Special Events Coordinator.
- Execute major gift materials, including briefing memos, proposals and stewardship materials.
- Track and report relationship management activity using constituent relationship management system (Tessitura) including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospective and current individual major donors.
- Achieve annual revenue goals and assist in meeting departmental goals. Increase the number and quality of major donor prospects through research, donor database management, prospect tracking, networking and cultivation, while also building on an existing set of relationships.
- Monitor monthly and annual activity to achieve major gift revenue goals.
- Prepare reports, briefings materials, correspondence, proposals, and related documents for solicitation of major gift prospects.
- Write proposals, introductory letters and follow-up letters, and prepare background information and materials for cultivation and solicitation activities as needed.
- Assist with review and verification of major gift donor recognition lists.
- Provide Write and editwriting and editing on relevant fundraising articles and major gift/planned giving materials as needed.
- Work with PR Manager to assist with publicity arrangements on important gifts, program accomplishments or events.
- Provide leadership at an organizational level to train staff and Board members and encourage staff-wide participation in the donor cultivation program.
- Utilize staff leadership and volunteers, such as board members and talent, to facilitate solicitation of prospects and donors when appropriate.
Company Philosophy: All employees are expected to promote and advocate for Nashville Ballet and its mission both inside and outside the organization. Likewise, they are expected to support the following Enduring Values.
- We believe in the transformative power of art.
- We inspire appreciation for the art of ballet.
- We strive for excellence with integrity in all we do.
- We respect one another and the art form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are a non-exhaustive list of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms above the shoulder. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Work Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of nonprofit fundraising experience, major gift experience preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments
- Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts
- Demonstrated ability to meet financial goals for major gift giving
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively
- Demonstrated ability to persuade others
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and Nashville Ballet
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision
- Strong writing, oral and presentation communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite computer skills
- Experience with constituent relationship management system preferred (Tessitura)
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Professional attitude and appearance
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate description of the current job, or to require that other, or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Nashville Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.